We regularly advise on a variety of major Indonesian financing and debt restructuring transactions, with a particular focus on cross border financings. Our team is regular counsel in Indonesia for major multinational banks and other financial institutions.
Amongst other things, we advise clients on various syndications and structured financings, the structuring of Indonesian security packages for lenders, proprietary investments and on contentious regulatory advice and disputes which may arise. In addition, we advise on equipment and aircraft leasing transactions and also have niche expertise assisting banks on their operations in Indonesia.
We are also familiar with Indonesian banking regulations, policies and compliance issues including offshore debt approval and reporting requirements. Our banking team is also experienced in debt restructuring transactions in Indonesia, particularly from the perspective of creditors, including related bankruptcy and debt suspension procedures under applicable Indonesian laws.
In providing our services, we provide practical Indonesian legal advice to the highest international standards that is astute and commercially informed. We also strive to deliver responsive and effective solutions for our clients in the banking sector.
"Hiswara Bunjamin & Tandjung is well-known for its banking and finance practice. In general, the firm has a “very good responsiveness and engagement” according to one client.
"They are good at acting for international clients like investment banks that require a higher level of skill."
Chambers Asia Pacific, 2014
HBT has “good knowledge of the Indonesian market and is able to respond quickly and appropriately on complicated matters“.
Asia Pacific Legal 500, 2014
Hiswara Bunjamin & Tandjung "excels in representing foreign lenders in cross-borders financing and debt restructuring and has strong relationship with major international banks".
ILFR 1000, 2013
- Dubai Islamic Bank on its investment in PT Bank Panin Syariah
- ANZ Bank on the acquisition and integration of acquired RBS banking operation assets in Indonesia
- Independent directors of Bank Danamon in relation to the high profile proposed takeover bid by DBS
- a major Asia Pacific bank on its bid for Bank Ekonomi
- a major Asia Pacific bank on its bid for Bank Arta Niaga Kencana
- a major Asia Pacific bank on its bid for Bank Harga and Bank Hargakita
- a major Asia Pacific bank on its bid for PT Bank Rabobank International Indonesia
- China Development Bank Corporation: acting as Indonesian legal counsel in connection with the US$500million term loan facility made available by China Development Bank Corporation as original lender to Golden Veroleum Limited as borrower (who is an indirect subsidiary of Golden Agri-Resources Limited) which secured by the assets of the group of Golden Veroleum Limited around the globe.
- Newmont Mining Corporation: advising Newmont Mining Corporation on the re-financing of its arrangements of US$600million with its joint venture partners in the Batu Hijau copper and gold mine.
- Deutsche Bank: acting as Indonesian legal counsel in relation to the US$ 200million Facility Agreement to PT Multipolar Tbk.
- Jeffries Finance LLC: advising on Jeffries Finance LLC in connection with US$125million Credit Facility to Shelf Drilling Holdings Ltd.
- Deutsche Bank and UBS AG, Singapore Branch: acting as Indonesian legal counsel in relation to US$80million Senior Secured Loan and US$10.8million bank guarantee facility to PT Visi Media Asia Tbk, an Indonesian broadcasting media company for the purpose of financing the World Cup broadcast 2014.
- UBS AG, Singapore Branch: acting as Indonesian legal counsel in relation to the Facility Agreement to The Government of the Republic of Indonesia of US$ Equivalent of CHF 119,212,500, acting by and through its Ministry of Finance duly represented by The Director General of Debt Management.
- CIMB Bank Berhad, Singapore Branch: acting as Indonesian legal counsel in relation to the facility from CIMB Bank Berhad, Singapore Branch to each of Gallant Venture Ltd., Venture Partners XXX Ltd., and PT Cipta Sarana Duta Perkasa, in the total amount facility of up to US$1,135,000,000.
- Marubeni: acting as Indonesian counsel in relation to a highly complex series of restructuring transactions relating to disposal of secured loans and equity in Chandra Asri, and acquisition of secured loan and equity interests in other projects.
- The Royal Bank of Scotland: on (i) the syndicate lenders on the restructuring of US$40 million facility of Hotel Sahid Jaya, (ii) the restructuring of US$76 million and US$13 million facilities of Jakarta Land and (iii) the restructuring of US$70 million facility of Jakarta International Hotels & Developments.