Our dispute resolution team practice recognised as one of Indonesia's strongerst contentious practice team. We focus on protecting the interest of foreign corporation and financial institution who become involved in dispute proceedings and other contentious situations in Indonesia. The team has experience in a wide range of civil disputes situation, including alternative dispute settlement mechanisms and has also assisted various multinational companies with contentious employment matters, corporate investigation work in light of the implementation of their anti-corruption policies, bankruptcy and suspension of debt repayment matters.
Numerous multinational clients rely on our expertise to guide them through the difficulties and peculiarities of litigating and arbitrating in and in relation to Indonesia. Our lawyers assist with formal proceedings, both in Jakarta and other cities across Indonesia.
Hiswara Bunjamin & Tandjung’s longstanding and uniquely integrated relationship with Herbert Smith Freehills sets us apart as it enables us to deliver international style dispute resolution solutions which are fully integrated with experienced Indonesian law expertise on the ground in Indonesia. We have a proven track record of fielding a bilingual team (combining both Indonesian lawyers and a full team of Jakarta-based Herbert Smith Freehills lawyers at Hiswara Bunjamin & Tandjung working in a truly collegiate manner) on complex contentious issues to deliver work to international standards in Indonesia.
We are at the forefront of enforcement and regulatory trends in Indonesia and our understanding both of the key drivers for domestic Indonesian groups and the focus for international investors equips us with a unique perspective on resolving Indonesian contentious issues transactions for our clients. The straightforward and practical solution in our advice is well noted and affirmed by our clients.
Hiswara Bunjamin & Tandjung provides ‘a perfect understanding of both the legal and Indonesian environment surrounding cases'.
Asia Pacific Legal 500, 2014
Technical ability: 'Excellent legal knowledge and client service.'
Chambers Asia Pacific, 2014
- Mitsubishi Corporation (of Japan): acting as Indonesia legal counsel in its defence of a claim related to the ammonia purchase and capital investment of PT Kaltim Parna Industri at the District Court of Bontang (East Kalimantan).
- PT Ganesha Rapindo Impex: acting as legal counsel in respect of its state administrative claim regarding a relinquishment of a Production Operating Mining Business License (IUP) by the East Barito Regent, including an appeal to the High State Administrative Court in Jakarta.
- Standard Chartered Bank: acting as Indonesia legal counsel in its defence of a claim submitted by PT Monas Permata Persada regarding cancellation of derivative transaction before the District Court of Tangerang.
- PT Nusa Halmahera Minerals: acting as legal counsel in its defence of a claim submitted by the victims of Nyaman Air helicopter crash in Sulawesi before the District Court of South Jakarta.
- PT Amtek Plastic Batam: acting as legal counsel in its defence of an unlawful act claim submitted by Ashtronics Sdn. Bhd. before the District Court of Batam.
- VFS International AB: acting as Indonesia legal counsel in respect of various security enforcements before various Districts Courts in Indonesia.
- PT Hewlett-Packard Indonesia: acting as legal counsel in its defence of an unlawful act claim submitted by PT Kusumomegah Jayasakti—its former distributor—before the District Court of South Jakarta.
- a PT International Paint Indonesia (Akzonobel Group): as a plaintiff in a breach of contract claim against PT Hacienda Offshore before the District Court of Central Jakarta.
- a The trustees of N.V. de Indonesische Overzeese Bank: acting as Indonesia legal counsel in relation to the suspension of debt payment obligation (Penundaan Kewajiban Pembayaran Utang or “PKPU”) of PT Djakarta Lloyd (Persero).
- Vitol Asia Pte Ltd and Vitol Tuban N.V.: acting as Indonesia legal counsel in relation to the PKPU of PT Trans Pacific Petrochemical Indotama (TPPI).
- J.P. Morgan Chase Bank: acting as Indonesia legal counsel in relation to the PKPU of PT Arpeni Pratama Ocean Line Tbk.
- Pratt & Whitney (a United Technology Company): acting as Indonesia legal counsel in relation to the bankruptcy of PT Metro Batavia Air.
- PT Bank ANZ Indonesia: acting as legal counsel in relation to the PKPU of PT Tranka Kabel.
- Merril Lynch Credit Products, LLC and Orchard Centar Master Ltd.: acting as Indonesia legal counsel on the PKPU of PT Berlian Laju Tanker, Tbk .
- Credit Suisse International: acting as Indonesia legal counsel on the PKPU of PT Indo Muro Kencana.